Saturday, April 11, 2015

Time For Treats!

MMM do I have a treat for you!

I stumbled upon the most delicious looking recipe right around 3 in the afternoon when you start having that sweet craving and you just want something scrumptious...
Well, I found my soul mate.. If my soulmate was a donut.. and a pancake.


Ta Da!! Isn't she GORGEOUS! 
Sweet pancake donuts covered in a delicious buttery glaze topped with rainbow sprinkles.







My mouth watered as soon as I laid eyes on this beautifully photographed 
                     stack of sugar coated bliss.


I want to say a real quick thanks to the Jaclyn that created this recipe for our own enjoyment. You can find the original blog post here on Cooking Classy
http://www.cookingclassy.com/2012/06/doughnut-pancakes-with-doughnut-glaze-syrup/


With this recipe, you start out with mixing the wet ingredients in a bowl, then mixing in the dry ingredients gradually until you have a nice lumpy batter.
I also took this time to make my donut glaze while my griddle heated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

After you mix the batter, put it into a Ziploc bag, cut a small corner off and pipe onto a hot griddle that has been greased with vegetable oil.

























Flip when the donuts become golden brown.


For the glaze, I actually tweaked it a tad and added pistacio flavoring and OH MAN it was HEAVEN.





I like cute and tiny, so I made my pancake donuts cute and tiny.. :)
Top with all the rainbow sprinkles you want and Viola! This sweet tall stack is ready for tasting!

Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment