Friday, April 10, 2015

Dream Job

 



Growing up people ask you "what's your dream job?"
If I were to answer honestly, my dream job is to do nothing and get paid for it...
It's lazy, I know but seriously, I've never been one to love working. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, and there's nothing wrong with being satisfied with a job well done, but there's something wonderful about being your own boss.

Now just hear me out.
When I say boss, sure I'm referring to the man or woman that is in charge of you at work or school. The person that monitors your success in numbers and proficiency. But, I'm also talking about the people you allow to have a stronghold on your life.

My whole life, I allowed people to manipulate me and treat me poorly because I didn't know how to be my own boss. Confrontation was a big No-No so I just let people think they were my "boss" wether it be in a friend relationship or anything like that. After taking some time over the years to really think about it, I thought, "Why do they get to tell me who to be or what to do?" I did lose some friends and gained some friends too as I moved on to become my own self, my whole self, but in the end, I am a much happier person!

My tip for you today is to allow yourself to be your own boss. This doesn't mean you have to disrespect anyone to feel happy. One of the biggest things I have learned is to be OK with telling someone No.
You can't say yes to everyone! That means you are saying No to yourself, your peace, your standards...


So say YES to yourself today! Say YES to God! and say YES to Happiness!!

Grab yourself a hot mug of tea and just breathe out a sigh of relief.

Sending you my love!

 

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way... when people ask me what I am going to do after I graduate or what my dream is I find that I have no answer. I have small things, but nothing big. But despite that, I have to be satisfied with just being who I am, because being me is the most important occupation I could have have. Thank you for the encouragement!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. ^-^
    Love,
    Hartley

    ReplyDelete